Saturday, March 13, 2010

Long Days

Long Days

Sometimes
the longest day is the shortest
We lose an hour
but we don't miss it
The day is long enough
bring on the night
darkness
the absence of light
a refrain from the judging eyes
of people who put us in boxes

A total aside: I think sometimes when I'm writing and listening to music at the same time, I end up writing lines that rhyme with the lyrics of the song but don't make much sense rhythmically in the poem.

Anyways, Spring forward has come around again. I feel like I write about it every year although that may not be entirely true. When do people start getting tired? Is it an age thing? Or maybe it's an attitude? I know that at conferences or other "sleep over" events, I don't have the energy to stay up late anymore. Is it cause I'm older? I dunno. I have my theories about what it is but I will leave it as a tease for a future piece. It's an idea that I'm mulling over at the moment. I'll probably rush it and write about it too soon as I always do but whatever. Peace out.

No comments: