Saturday, December 5, 2009

Scattered Pages

Scattered Pages

I've chronicled you through the ages
written down on scattered pages
that I throw around the room
in secret drawers
and engineering lab books
Detailed retellings of first impressions
the forward progress and the regressions
and ramblings of my new obsession
I spend some time
to reminisce
and think of the days of bliss
I look back into the mist
of my imperfect memory
coloured with feelings and emotions
all the things I've forgotten
they can fill the ocean

Yesterday, I had an idea about how I wanted to rearrange my room. I'm totally obsessed with doing it now but I need to wait for somebody to be able to give me some physical assistance because my desk is super super heavy. Anyways, in preparation for the rearranging, I tried to clean up some stuff in my room so that I didn't have to move too much stuff when I actual do the moving. I stumbled across all my journals that I started and abandoned. In highschool, I consistently wrote in one journal and when I filled it up, I got a bit lost. I didn't know what to do. I tried many times to start a new journal... a new vessel to carry my thoughts. But then things started getting messy. I would start a different journal for every different girl. I didn't like having thoughts about one girl be in the same book with thoughts about another girl. Long story short, I've got all these journals with like 5-10 pages written in them and it's all just a mess.

I've decided that I want to digitize my journals so that they will be organized and searchable. It's actually more work than I thought it would be. I thought that since I can type way faster than I can write, it shouldn't take me too long to do it since I've written very little since my first full journal. If only I wrote a bit neater, I might have had a chance to use some good OCR software to make things easier but it looks like I'll have to type it in. Wish me luck. I'll be sure to tie a string to my ankle so that I don't get too lost in yesterday. Peace out.

No comments: