Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Few Days at a Time

A Few Days at a Time

I miss the times
when the days would crawl
I regret it all
for I made a wish
that time would fly
I couldn't wait
for my next kiss
that I lived my life
a few days at a time

It worked at first

but I think I made things worse

I could just blink my eyes

and winter would have passed on by

But I'd miss all the little things

the weight of your glance
the wrinkles that form around your eyes when you're about to smile
the repositioning of your hair to reveal your ear
and all the other small details
I blinked
and I missed a year


Yeah. Lovely. I took a break yesterday. I really felt like I hit a wall with my fake creativity. Hopefully today's was a better effort. I wonder what would happen if you could live your life 2 days at a time. Or maybe that's what happens when you "live for tomorrow". But then again, there are also drawbacks if you "live for the day". Who knows. Maybe every philosophy is wrong. Or maybe we once again come around to the fact that there is no "right". Anyways, I know that this has been kinda rambly but I think I'm right. Peace out.

No comments: