Sunday, June 13, 2010

Vague Memories

Vague Memories

Vague memories cobbled together like scenes from last night's dream
working out and ice cream
gaussian blurred and overly compressed
memories based off my mental picture of you in that red dress

Walking down the hall
with me standing tall
proud to be there by your side

Come here and hide with me
help me distinguish the girl from the fantasy

Today, I started my 3rd week in my 10 week running program. Yay me. Oh yeah, before I forget... Google, thanks for the great new templates. It's good that even though blogs are so 2005, they can at least look a little more contemporary. Anyways, I was running and I saw this guy shooting free throws, which reminded me about the time when I was shooting free throws instead of studying for my finals because I was thinking about a girl, which reminded me about this other girl. This other girl was the inspiration for this piece.

She was a girl that I liked in elementary school. I don't remember too many things very clearly from those days. Actually that's not true. I do have some clear memories about those days but I don't trust them. I think I rewrote some things and just plain made up the rest. There's no one to keep me accountable. I don't even know what's real and what's not. It sounds like some plot from a bad movie, but I wonder if this happens to everyone. Do older individuals look back on their 30s and see it all as a blur? I remember this girl as being one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. I haven't seen her in almost 20 years. That's crazy but I'm fine with that because I also "remember" her liking me. That's right. I'm a stud. Anyone want to tell me that I'm misremembering this? Peace out.

No comments: