Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Pen

The Pen

Get the feel
and learn the motions
to trace lines of flesh and cotton
Manipulate the curves
and learn the right strokes
to create vector designs
that touch the soul
The secret is in mastering the pen tool
If only I could
I'd be so totally cool

Lately, I've been trying to learn or relearn how to use the Pen tool in photoshop/illustrator because I want to try my hand at vector art. It's so hard and it takes so much patience. I've been trying to step through a tutorial that I found online. I got about half way through it but I lost the motivation to finish it because it's of a subject I don't care about... and when I'm done, I'll have my version of a vector art that probably won't compare to the one from the tutorial and it would be useless. I want to find an appropriate picture that I can do for my first vector art. Any suggestions? Peace out.

No comments: