Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nothingness

Nothingness

The earth's breath is cold
and the autumn drizzle covers everything
with an uncomfortable damp
The car's windshield wipers
can't decide if they need to be on or off
or if there's even a point
in leaving the comfort of a warm bed
on this Sunday morning
Will they even notice if you're not there?
you guess on one hand the people who might actually care
On the way, you tap the wheel nervously
to some country song
and shiver from all the nothingness around

Today's piece was inspired by someone's post on FB. I put a non-serious response to it as that's my way on FB... light. But I did think about what the post was saying. I've debated whether I wanted to go to church on more Sunday mornings as of late than I would like to admit. I actually don't get too serious on here either... Peace out.

No comments: