Sunday, September 20, 2009

Snow Globe

Snow Globe

Summer marches steadily to its end
the twilight period comes earlier with each passing day

The gladioluses have bloomed from bottom to top
and the vines that cling to the fences are bright red

Autumn is knocking at the door
the end of the baseball season is ushering in hockey and basketball

The winds are blowing and pulling leaves off the trees
and the night sky is echoing with the migrating birds

I met you last fall
and things are not that different now
It's as though I've been trapped in a snow globe
just waiting for time to pass
Shake the bauble and count the snow flakes
lift it close to your face
turn my life upside down with an earthquake
Examine me closely, I'm behind the glass
break me out of this prison before winter comes to pass

Yup. You got it. I don't really know what that was about. I just wanted to write something about gladioluses because they are my flowers of the fall. They take forever to bloom. Storing up their energies all summer and preparing their blossoms to be shown off when all the other bulb perennials are done with their blooming. I dunno. That's it for today. Peace out.

No comments: