Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cough

Cough

I can't sing our song today
a cough has taken my voice hostage
It limits me to half a note
before my throat decides to stop me
and my stomach hurts
my abs are sore
I can't take this for much anymore
and I hope to myself
(but I don't keep it secret)
that you could find the patience
and remember the song and not just forget it
Please hum the song to yourself
a melody that resonates in your mind
magnitudes decaying ever so slowly with time

I have a cough. I know that doctors like to define them as either a wet or dry cough. I like to think of coughs as coughs that I can still sing with or coughs that do not allow me to sing. Those are the annoying coughs 'cause I'll try to sing a song and go into a coughing fit. I don't know what kinda cough I have at the moment. I haven't played guitar lately cause I feel as though I will start coughing so I don't even bother... and I cough at night. So obviously I'm coughing right now. Oh well. Hope it goes away soon. Peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.