Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Melancholy

Melancholy

Last night I dreamt
that I had to do all I could
to not fall in love with you
You smiled your cute smile
and turned around
revealing the nape of your neck
underneath your short hair
I fought all the urges inside me
to chase after you
I must not fall for you
please don't make me
If I fail in my dream
I'll wake with melancholy

Today's piece is about dreaming. I've mentioned it before I think, but sometimes when you have a dream, it kinda sticks with you through out the day. In my dream, I was falling for a girl that I actually know irl. And I think, there was a part of me that was trying not to fall in love with her cause I knew that it was just a dream and I would have to live with the consequences of the dream in my waking hours. I dunno. I don't think I'm explaining myself that well but I knew that it would be better to not fall in love with her in my dream, cause I knew that some of those feelings would be residual when I woke up. Hmm... I don't think that I was that successful in my dream. My legs were tired, and I tripped and fell. Peace out.

No comments: