Monday, February 4, 2008

Greatest Hits (1)

Greatest Hits (1)

1 trip under taken
traveling out to see you
2 days journey
grain, hills, mountains, you
3 am on a thursday morning
once upon a summer
4 hours until you leave
what a total bummer
5 minutes of hesitation
wondering what should be my next step
6 seconds of great joy
as I cover you with a blanket as you slept
7 am rolls along
you awake and I pretend I'm sleeping
8 o'clock-- you're gone
and so begins my weeping


Lol. I totally didn't know what I was gonna write about today. I wanted to do something like Charlie's greatest hits on Lost season 3 and have a series of poems where I write about great moments in my life (of course... with a little extra colour), but I didn't really know what I was doing. Oh well. It was fun to write. I love how I rhymed "you" with "you" and "summer" with "bummer". I'm awesome.

No comments: