Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dirt

Dirt

A scream pierces the sky
As the last spring snow gently falls on newly sodden grass
All your friends are gathered and even some enemies from your past
Everything is forgotten
And everything is remembered
Like the time you got too drunk
and made a fool of yourself last December
Where did all the time go and how many opportunities did I miss?
When you touched my left elbow, did you really expect a kiss?
I'll always be asking that question cause you were such a little flirt
but alas today I'm at your funeral with a hand full of dirt


Hmmm... today's piece was different. I knew I wanted to write something involving death because I didn't want to write something romantic on Valentine's Day. That would have been too cliche. This is only a little cliche of the second rank. For some reason I decided that I wanted to title the poem "dirt" and I had to figure a way to get there at the end.

Just watched Lost - episode 4.3 "The Economist". I totally want to look at spoilers to see what's gonna happen next week. I totally can't wait... hopefully I won't ruin it for myself though.

No comments: