Wednesday, August 28, 2013

merry go round

I took a turn on the merry go round
up and down
on fair horses caked in decades of paint
I took off my shoes 
to jump in the lake
letting the cold wetness wash over my body
I faint and wake upon a beach
and wonder how this ball ended up in my lap

Today's piece was a real stretch.  I really just wanted to talk about how most great things in people's lives really just ended up in their lap. In a few years, I might be running running my team at work.  I didn't really work for it.  It just sorta ended up in my lap.  My workplace assigned mentor is doing well.  I found out a couple months ago that he went to highschool with the son of our CEO.  Most married people had their spouses delivered to them in nice baskets left on their door steps.

I find it a little annoying when people who had things just land in their lap give advice to people about how to have a life full of the same great things like theirs.  People who worked hard to get the things in their lives are too busy working hard to take the time to give unsolicited advice.  Peace out.

No comments: