Friday, August 23, 2013

Ducks

I did my push ups and learned to throw a ball
swallowed my pride even when it was hard to
and said my prayers at night
I read all the great books so we'd have stuff to talk about
and even dabbled in music until I developed callouses
I tried my hand at art
may it be graphite or prose
Trying to get all my ducks in a row
I worked my whole life 
for love at first sight

I was listening to a Blue Jays baseball podcast this morning (in case she's a blue jays fan) and the host said something along the lines of "worked their whole life to be an over night success".  It reminded me of my poem about investing in things and how it takes so much time to be develop the skills to a point where you are great at anything.  Of course, knowing me, I twisted it into working hard to be loveable at first sight... even though, in all honesty, I think I'm more of an acquired taste.  Peace out.

No comments: