Thursday, May 2, 2013

Linger

A girl smiled at me today I think
I might have accidentally given her a wink
To deflect her perplexed look
I held up a book
as if I was proud that I could read
or that reading books made me special

Why am I still thinking about her?
I guess some thoughts just like to linger

I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  I started watching it on Netflix the night before I left for Troy.  I only got about 25 minutes in, but it was enough to see one of my favourite lines from the movie... which is easy because I think it comes super early in the movie.  "Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?"  Was in my 2nd meeting with this girl at work today.  Found out that she went to the UofM.  Probably co-existed there for a few years.  I wonder if that's why she looked familiar to me.  Or maybe I'm just deflecting.  Peace out.

No comments: