Sunday, May 5, 2013

dangerous

don't trust the smart, beautiful blonde they said
she's dangerous
her hair a mess and finger nails painted black
i lacked the will to divert my eyes
i tried and i tried but failed
i couldn't capitalize on that split second of time
when my mind's alarmed sounded
i should have picked up my things
but instead
i looked for a ring on her finger

This was not what I intended to write about at all today.  When I was walking to church yesterday, I had this idea to write about forgetting things so that you learn them again from the start... without any bad habits that you may have picked up along the way.  Something about not trusting yourself and starting fresh again.  I think this piece was a result of watching too many Ed Sheeran videos today... like 3.

Lately, I've been thinking about going back to the basics.  Maybe even do some guitar drills daily or something.  That's the problem with being self taught: you pick up bad habits and no one's there to correct you.  I wish I could lose some of my bad guitar habits.  I've recently wanted to get back into drawing and start painting so I was watching some videos online for some drills that would help beginners.  Apparently, I have to hold my pencil differently.  Haha.  I wish myself luck holding a pencil differently.  I even bought a book a few months ago about how to improve your penmanship.  I've started noticing people writing "incorrectly" and judge them for it.  I want to explain to them that their penmanship is poor because the way they write their Bs is wrong.

People learn wrong things as they grow up.  They start believing things that people tell them about themselves that may or may not be true.  Wouldn't it be great if we could start all over?  With the wisdom we have with age?

BTW.  They usually have a ring.  Peace out.

No comments: