Monday, June 25, 2012

The Song

Get the lighting right 
and set the mood
Characters standing on their marks
waiting for their cues
Director of photography
framing the scene and filtering hues
It won't be long
I love this scene for the song

I love how some scenes are a thousand times better because of the song that is chosen to underpin it... whether there are lyrics or not.  Yesterday I wrote about favourite scenes.  I've always said that I felt like the Before Sunrise and Before Sunset movies are all just build up for the 5 minute taxi scene in the second movie.  I love that scene.

In the same way, I feel that some movies are worth watching just to hear a song in the movie... and sure, you can go and find it online and listen to it, but I like to watch the whole movie up to the scene with the song.  It's so much more wonderful in context.  It's that feeling of discovering something beautiful.  It's exciting and fun to try to learn it on guitar so that you can recreate the scene all over again.  Peace out.

No comments: