Sunday, July 8, 2012

Settle

I was told I needed to meet you
To see you with my own eyes
I was told I needed to greet you
and put aside all the lies

The lies I tell myself concerning what I want
I lose my nerves and lose my mettle
and my fingers slip and I lose all desire to settle
It's better to be red than dead

I don't remember if I've discussed my settling theory on this blog.  If not, I won't do it now.  It's a better fit for my other blog anyways.

Sometimes you accept thing because you're settling... and then there are the things that you dream about... And when people plant the idea that maybe you have a chance of attaining the dream, it keeps you up at night... and then you get angry at them for planting the hope in your heart because things look different in the light of a new day. I know no one knows what I'm talking about but I do.  Maybe I'll allow myself to dream for one more day.  Peace out.

No comments: