Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Headphones

The sound of the rain bleeds through my headphones
drowning my mind
and soaking my thoughts
It washes my memories of you that I've kept high on a shelf
safe from the high waters
I think of all the "should've"s and the "oughta"s

Mistakes we made lying to ourselves
and living life in the short term

Watched Midnight in Paris last night and all it did was make me want to watch Before Sunrise so I watched that tonight. I love that movie. It's funny because watching Before Sunrise is all really just a build up for watching Before Sunset and that scene in the taxi. I love that scene. I love it and I hate it.

It's storming here in Calgary. It doesn't usually do that here. It's not like Winnipeg with the summer lightning storms. I'm feeling nostalgic. Perhaps I should open up a nostalgia store and sell misery... or is that a song? Peace out.

No comments: