Saturday, June 9, 2012

No Words

Would you love me if I had no words?
the inability to verbalize things you deserved
Could you love me if I couldn't say
things to make you better when you weren't ok?

Could I sway you with my posture
the subtleties in how I hold my shoulders?
Could I win your heart with my actions
and convince you to stay as we both grow older?

I watched Love Actually yesterday.  It was a bit too optimistic for my liking... too many happy endings.  There was one relationship that caught my attention.  The guy spoke english and the girl was portuguese and they spent a lot of time together but didn't understand each other when they spoke... and some how they fell in love.

I'm always a bit confused by relationships where they don't share the same native tongue.  I think as people, we really long to be understood... to feel this sense of one-ness... and I don't really understand how that works when communication is such a potential area for mishaps.  What if you choose the wrong word?  Or unintentionally put your foot in your mouth by choosing the wrong cultural-based saying?

Or maybe words are entirely over rated.  Maybe tone and body language is king.  Maybe you can fall in love with no words.  I dunno.  Peace out.

No comments: