Monday, January 17, 2011

The Wind

The Wind

The winds picked up tonight
and blew away my dreams
the reams of paper
scattered to the winds
I sing to pass the time
powerless to stop it

How do you stop the wind?
it's power so deceiving
How do you stay true?
as the wind weathers your skin

I smelt a smile lingering in the wind
floating by and easily missed
a scent of a kiss
and chocolate chip cookies


Random... I know. I'm reading The Name of the Wind again. I've read it before and I think I've talked about it before as well. I'm reading it now in eBook form. I miss reading my books. I love my books and rereading them. There's something so comforting about reading a familiar book. People say that all the time. They recount tales about how they've read this one book or this one series so many times that they can't count. One day I want to read my favourite books... and that's the end of my thought. Is there a way I can do that for a living? Peace out.

No comments: