Sunday, January 16, 2011

Blink of an Eye

Blink of an Eye

Sometimes I wonder if I'd made a mistake
as the pressures of the world squeeze my chest
and upsets my stomach
I rummage through the thoughts I've collected
on pages scribbled in haste with blue pen
before the fleeting thought could get lost

I didn't write about you though
as if leaving you out would protect my future heart
If I had written my thoughts of you from the very start
(the likes of which could fill up pages)
maybe it would make you harder to forget
or remind me years later of the mountains of regret
But for a blink of an eye
a fleeting moment in time
I was yours and you were mine


I think I've spent the most time on this piece of all the pieces I've written lately. It just didn't seem to want to be written and I've taken a little extra care to be cryptic. It's interesting what we do with our feelings. Sometimes we bottle them up and hide them somewhere deep inside so that even you forget where you've hidden them... and other times you let them out and they have you sobbing in front of strangers. Oh what a night. Peace out.

No comments: