Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Next Best Thing

The Next Best Thing

I failed
and pale in comparison
to all the greats
the ones with dates
and holidays
I tried
but never got the knack
I try to add
but then have to subtract
and lessen my dream
settling for the next best thing


Today I read that poets are just failed singers. I think there's something interesting in that thought. People who write and sing definitely have a lot of talent. I wish I was a singer/songwriter. Previously I read that photographers are just failed artists. I think there's something interesting in that thought. There's one level of capturing the world with a camera, and then there's the next step of spitting the image out through the filter of your mind and eye, your imagination, your experiences. I wish I was an artist creating things of beauty. Peace out.

No comments: