Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Commercials

Commercials

I was surprised yesterday
It's been a while since I've seen beauty
My current world too dark to see
the light just barely enough to see the walls
that enclose me
But yesterday, I saw the sun
it was bright and warm
full of charm and laughter
and a scent of lemon
(or maybe I've seen too many commercials)


I don't know what I wanted to write about today. But now that I'm done writing, I think I know what I should have written about. I guess I can try to remember it for next time. Sometimes it's hard to notice beauty when you are in a pretty regular routine. Everything feels the same today and yesterday and they will be the same again tomorrow. It's in these situations where beauty can surprise us because we don't expect it and sometimes beauty feels like it can be so rare at times. I heard a song yesterday. I think it was red or maybe yellow. Peace out.

No comments: