Sunday, July 11, 2010

Obscure the Sun

Obscure the Sun

I can run and run
but the pain always catches up with me
My knees start to ache
the stitches in my sides show no mercy

I ran and ran today
but the truth always caught up with me
I told lies to keep going
but my acid soaked legs could always see

A lot can happen during an hour run
Clouds move in to obscure the sun

I ran my first 10k this year today. Actually, I walk/ran it but it was still probably the fastest I've ever done it. A lot of stuff can happen when you run 10k. I went through so many different emotions. I thought so many different thoughts. Time itself seemed to warp. I remember rehashing a thought I had around the 3k mark around the 9k mark and I was like, "I'm such a different guy now then I was when I thought that thought before." I made some kid wipe out on his bike. He thought he could squeeze between me and a bush but when he realized he couldn't, he tried to stop and completely wiped out. It wasn't my fault. He biked by me once and then tried to bike by me again. This other little girl decided that she would run about 40 meters with me and then her friend followed me for a block and a half on her bike. A cute red head smiled at me as she drove by. Ha. I was 1/3 of the way into the run and that really helped. I was so tired but that event gave my mental battery a little jolt. Magical really. Peace out.

No comments: