Monday, April 19, 2010

Creation

Creation

Something from nothing - the act of creation
the artist's brush, the potter's hand
A desire from within
to make something of worth
An expression of beauty
that grows from a seed in the mind
something tangible
something to mark the time
a thought birthed
and introduced to the world
the oyster's pearl or a beautiful baby girl

Sometimes I think that everybody's inner desire is to create, but maybe that's just what people with artsy brains desire. I dunno. I wonder if the act of procreation is also the innate desire to create. If that is so, I can expand my theory to include a lot more people. Everybody wants to create something of worth. Being productive usually involves the creation of something. I'm not sure what I'm talking about. It really is just an idea that I've been mulling over lately.

Yesterday's sermon had to do with passion and it got me thinking. Is it possible to have a passion for something that doesn't involve creation? I guess creation is such a broad idea that it can include a lot of things. I guess using broad terms makes the argument harder to disprove but at the same time, it makes it a weaker statement. Whatever.

I am on Day 1 of the P90X program again. I tried doing it last year but got sick and fell off the program. I'm trying to start slowly by doing a couple weeks of the "easy" program before starting up the real program. Last time I started up, I was in so much pain for the first few weeks. Hopefully that won't happen this time. I don't love pain as much nowadays. Wish me luck. Peace out.

No comments: