Sunday, June 21, 2009

Scent of Rain

Scent of Rain

The scent of rain comes in through my window
the night air damp, it's five minutes til midnight
I sit up straight and try to take a deep breath
It catches, short and without satisfaction
the air thick with humidity
My stomach growls with the hunger that rain brings
the sweet smell whetting my appetite
I go hungry and the rain pitters and patters through the night

Dumb again. There were 2 episodes of Merlin on tonight but I decided to record it and watch it tomorrow instead. It's finally raining. Actually, I can't tell if it's really raining but it sure smells like rain. The sky has been threatening to rain for the past few days but it never gathered enough steam to get going. I like the smell of rain. I like to walk in it... well, only if I'm walking home. No one enjoys going out wet. I love walking in rain when the weather is hot and the rain is warm. It reminds me of my childhood dream of thinking that I would find my wife on the corner of Graham and Edmonton. I thought I would hang out there on rainy days and rescue people with my trusty umbrella. Maybe I'll write something about that some other day. Peace out.

No comments: