Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chisel

Chisel

Hand me the chisel and the appropriate hammer
so I can engrave this sight into my concrete memory
with lines deep enough to survive the test of time
the tests and trials of winds and crashing waves
Watch me suffer as I watch you dance
with beauty and grace; held tightly in his embrace
You dance and I keep time
with my hammer pounding; reshaping my mind

Hmm... I think that's something. Lately my pieces have been spontaneous pieces of garbage because I sit down with the desire to write but I wouldn't have an idea or concept that I wanted to write about, but today I did. It wasn't much of a concept but at least I had one this time.

Would you rather be critically acclaimed or have fame? I'm not sure what I would want... what would be a better legacy? I dunno. Peace out.

No comments: