Sunday, June 14, 2009

Letters

Letters

I write another note to you
a stranger from the future
Promise me that you'll keep this one
unlike the previous letters
that you've thrown aside
Lie to me and tell me that you write me too
and blame the absence of letters
on the distance or poorly connected tubes
Or say that you never have a pen
when you find yourself in the mood

Today, I spent a few minutes scanning through a few books in my church library. One of them was on the art of apologizing and the other one was another Christian dating book. I like flipping through these books because by reading the section headings, I can save myself the time required to actually read the books. Everything of value is written in a slightly larger font above paragraphs and paragraphs of unnecessary explanation. Anyways, in the dating book, the author told a story about how some of the single girls got together on Valentine's day and wrote letters to their future husbands. I totally think that idea is the cheese but I liked it anyways. Peace out.

No comments: