Saturday, June 6, 2009

Woodland Princess

Woodland Princess

She emerges from the shadows of the old forests
the spear maiden, the woodland princess
Did I create you from my imagination
or did you come out of my distress?
As I grasp for air and meaning
and for a melody that was once clear
but now fleeting
I look to her for some consolation
a prize just for participation
I lean forward for the loser's kiss
and she vanishes again into the mist

Hahaha, weird one... I know. I'm in a strange mood. The penguins lost and I'm sad that I'll never be able to marry Guineviere. Mythago Woods that I mentioned earlier had to do with old Arthur tales. I love the Arthur mythologies... but I guess I don't have to worry about Lancelot in my situation... But is it better to have loved and lost? I used to say no, but maybe I can be convinced to say yes if she comes around. Peace out.

No comments: