Friday, November 20, 2009

Wonderland Chess

Wonderland Chess

When the letter came in the mail, it was clear
that I was on the other side of Lewis Carroll's mirror
and my nasty habit of chasing white rabbits
has caught up with me
I twiddle my thumbs with 'Dee and 'Dum
and sob to the white queen
'bout how the world could be so mean
to dangle her in front of me for so long
I could never have captured her
I'm just the white queen's pawn


Yeah, if you're wondering if I'm still making my way through Wonderland, I am. I've read it before so it's no big deal. I'm a few chapters away from finishing Through the Looking Glass. I have it by my bed and read a chapter here and there to kill the time. Maybe I'm not concentrating hard enough when I'm reading it but I don't understand why they had to make all the movies so scary. I guess the universe is odd but still... I dunno.

On a side note, I heard Book of Love today and I'm totally obsessed with it now. Watch. I'll totally forget all about it in a few days and move on to some other song. Peace out.

No comments: