Monday, November 2, 2009

Fireworks

Fireworks

The boom of fireworks
came out of nowhere
and made my heart skip a beat

The bright lights
interrupting the dark night sky
being released from a distant field

I see them in my back window
reds, blues, and yellows
howlers, and chrysanthemums

Remember when we saw the fireworks
and you rolled your ankle on the driveway?
You probably don't
but the sound and lights have brought me back to that day

Well, tonight, I was watching baseball in my basement, and all of a sudden, I hear three distinct booms. Like a low bass that seemed to shake my house. I thought people were trying to break in. My heart was racing and I didn't know what to do. I have an imagination, I do. Anyways, later on, I hear similar noises and find out that there was a fireworks show going on outside for some reason. I dunno. The earlier booms were probably some test shots. Who knows. Peace out.

No comments: