Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dead Souls

Dead Souls

Dead souls
gather mold

Dust gathers in the corners
and behind dressers

I slumber
with eyelids too heavy
from the day before
of staring blankly
and speaking frankly

My heart breaks
and she ate cake
and said that she could no longer wait

Me?
I'm different
I wait forever
until my hair turns from black to white
and then back again

With a sigh
I hum the verse
and sing the refrain
The opportunity has come and gone
just like the midnight train

Yup, I wanted to write something. Just a little something for all the random people in Australia that seem to randomly stumble upon this site after searching for "weak poems". It seems that all my regular readers are not so regular anymore. I only had 3 to begin with. I have to take some blame too because I haven't been writing as much lately and therefore I'm easily forgetable. Like sometimes, I get surprised by an out-of-the-blue post from one of my rss feeds and I'll be like, "wow, I totally forgot that I was subscribed to that person." Remember me and the apple tree. Peace out.

No comments: