Friday, May 15, 2009

Wax

Wax

I dreamt of you again
that's two nights in a row
although you did not make an appearance
you were the center
You were in the center of it all
every conversation was about you
and how I wouldn't be able to survive without you
You dwelt in the shadows
around every corner
and the night seemed to long for the dawn
of a new day
where once again
I can try to fly to the sun
on wings made of wax

I have to admit that today's piece took way too long.  I started and restarted and restarted.  It's the first of many (I hope) that I'll write on my new netbook.  I've been wanting to write for a while now but the brilliant ideas that come to me when I'm half asleep are fleeting when I find myself seated in front of a keyboard.  Such is the brain I guess.  I find it rarer and rarer these days that my body/mind actually wants to cooperate with what I want to do.  I'm not even that old, but I'm starting to feel it.  Or maybe I just think I'm starting to feel it.  I dunno.  Peace out.

No comments: