Monday, May 11, 2009

First

First

I saw you first
and the best and the worst
days of my life were sure to follow
as your head pops over the hill in the meadow

You saw me back
and I find the courage to crack
a smile that says so much more
than teeth, gums and lips can ever hope for

We spent the day under the sun
running back and forth from york to jersey
I bought you a ring and you said yes
and went with your sister and friends to find a dress

There you were dressed in white
and I see his head pop over the hill and I bite
down on my tongue and cross my fingers as my heart begins to burst
You see him and you loved him first

I haven't written in a while. There have been many Smallville episodes that have come and gone and nothing made me feel like writing. This one is for HIMYM. Next week is the season finale. Bring back Victoria!!!! Peace out.

No comments: