Sunday, December 2, 2018

Relative Humidity

Even my floors know I'm alone
showing gaps due to the dry winter air
creaking and shrinking with each passing minute
I'm in it
a deep, crazy obsession
the band plays
I'm on a mission
Inhale and exhale
I sweat and cry tears
And place cups of water in the open air
Look at my stupidity
trying to increase the relative humidity

I've been obsessed with many things lately.  One of those things is the song Sound Of by Jann Arden.  One of the lyrics in the song is "I am not lonely swear to God I'm just alone".  What a lovely line.  I've noticed that the gaps in my "wooden" floors are increasing in this dry winter.  My Nest said that my place was at 17% relative humidity (RH).  That will not do.  I did some research.  Apparently people will put about 1.25 L of moisture into the air per day just doing their normal activities.  My place wouldn't be so dry if there was another person living in it...

I bought a humidifier instead and have obsessively been tracking the RH in my place all weekend.  I'm up to 24%.  I'm not sure if my floors have changed very much but it's nice to live in a place that feels (moisture-wise) like someone else lives here too.  Peace out.

No comments: