Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Rereturning

I've been here before
I've scratched my name into the door
as if I was a person of importance
I rinse
and I repeat
I seek the beat with tested algorithms
We clap our hands
finding the rhythm 
My soul yearning
My fingers spurning
The rereturning

No, that is not a typo.  I'm such a creature of cycles.  I don't ever do anything new.  I just take turns doing different things that I've done in the past.  And when I get bored with the revisiting, I revisit something else.  I re-return.

I was looking for Scars on 45 in iTunes today and scrolled past S Club 7.  I miss them.  I re-returned.  I'm sure I've missed them before and had the same feeling of nostalgia when listening to their stuff... again.  It's funny cause the other night, I was thinking that I should listen to more music rather than listening to so many podcasts.  I cycle between the two and I guess right now I'm podcast heavy.  I immediately started getting overwhelmed by all the music I wanted to listen to.  I immediately thought of Kate Walsh, William Fitzsimmons, Scars on 45, The Fray, Lady Antebellum.. and I just thought about Peter Bradley Adams.

With that list, I was surprised to find myself playing a bunch of P!nk songs on guitar today that I don't think I've ever heard P!nk sing.  I've only heard the covers.  And now I'm rambling, so I'm done.  Peace out.

No comments: