Monday, April 22, 2013

Suspend

Temporarily delete your past
soot, memory, ash
The freedom to start anew
tree, leaves, grass

No longer the person we once knew
free to do things that aren't you

Today's piece was inspired by someone deleting their facebook account.  My sister used to do that a lot too.

I like the idea of starting fresh.  I like starting new journals because I feel as though the act of writing in a new book means that the mistakes I've made in the past no longer have a hold on me.  I like the idea of not being held to things I've said or stances I've taken.

I remember when I was in France, I had a cousin who greeted all his female friends with a kiss on the cheek and all his male friends with handshakes.  I was 15 at the time, but I thought that was so cool... and I was sad that I couldn't do that with my friends.  You see, I had already set the precedent.  I historically didn't do that, and it would have been weird to start.  Peace out.

No comments: