Monday, August 9, 2010

Vain Imagination

Vain Imagination

I wish that song was about me
a verse written with me in mind
but time after time I realize
it was just my vain imagination
the odd sensation in my stomach
an anticipation
like it's finally my turn
my turn to hear the words
and see your thoughts
... as though you thought of me

I must be a very selfish person. I can make anything and everything be about me. I can hear two words out of a conversation occurring from across the room, and my imagination can twist it so that it's something about me. I can hear a girl talking about a guy that she finds is cute and I automatically think she is talking about me. Or, likewise, I can hear a girl talking about how this guy was really weird and annoying, and I will think she is talking about me. I wanted to write that maybe one day I'd be right for once... but even as I want to write that, I'm convinced I'm right most of the time. When will it be my turn to have someone want me to be talking about them? I dunno. I guess it's not my turn. Peace out.

No comments: