Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ageless Ones

Ageless Ones

When did the earth stop spinning,
refusing to circle the sun?
When did the skies open
making it too wet to run?
When did all the new things end?
We are the ageless ones

I was listening to a comic books podcasts and they tangented to an interesting thought. I was just passively listening to it so I don't really remember the context or their wording but basically they were exploring the idea of how people get to a certain age and sort of get trapped in it. Ha, I'm already having problems articulating the thought. For instance, some people always feel like they are 18. Even when they turn 21, they just feel like they're still 18 and when asked how old they are, they just instinctively say 18. Some people never age past 40 or 39. At some point, people just refuse to believe they are getting older. Am I still aging? I dunno. Peace out.

No comments: