Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fell into Fall

Fell into Fall

I took a walk this summer
and fell into fall
The lion sat at the throne
once again at Cair Paravel

The trees shed their leaves
and I strum my guitar
I sing a song daringly
to try to win the heart of a star

I feel like reading the Chronicles of Narnia again. Last Thursday or Friday, I watched LOTR - FOTR the extended edition and it made me have the itch to read the whole Tolkien booklist over again but that is such a big commitment. Maybe I'll settle for just reading the narnia series. I know it's nowhere near the same but sentimentally, it will hit the spot for me.

I took a walk today along my usual running route. I would have ran if it was not for the heat. It's been pretty hot these past few days. Anyways, I was lost in my tech podcast when I realized that I was walking on dry leaves on the sidewalk. For a split second, I thought it was autumn. I don't know why, but there were two large trees on that street that decided they didn't want their leaves anymore. Yesterday, I saw a blue jay and the day before that, I saw a peregrine falcon dive bombing a crow... if peregrine's even exist in this city. I don't know but I think I've seem them before. Peace out.

No comments: