Saturday, February 3, 2007

Dreams

Dreams


I want to hold your hand
As we run in from the rain
I want to dance with you
When there’s no music playing
I want to walk you home
And take the long way


I was reading the forward for a book that I’m reading and the author discussed how he felt that every book has a story. He was talking about the content of the book but rather he was addressing the fact that every author has a story to why he wrote the book. I feel like my poems are like that as well. They come from different inspirations from my day to day life.

I know that I’ve been trying to write romantic-type poems and I know that they haven’t been very good. I’ve found some new inspiration so there will probably be a few more coming and hopefully they will get better with practice. I started out this poem in rather the same state of mind as I did when I wrote “April Shower” but this time, I managed to not go eerily depressing at the end. Of course the “question” I’m referring to is a marriage proposal… and no, I’m not remotely close to seeing anyone. I’ve just been thinking a little lately and I think I’m a marry-first-ask-questions-later kinda guy. Not that I’ve ever been married, but that’s how I see myself. At least that’s what I dream my story will be.

No comments: