Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Onions

i chased her again as i do
and pierced through the layers
learning about her more and more
as we explored together under the sun
it begun
the process that changes two people to one
there's no going back now
and it's not hyperbole
this is the science of chemistry

So I got it in my head to see what eating a raw onion like an apple would be like. I was able to do two bites before it started to not sit well in my stomach. I gave it some time and tried to take a third bite but by then my brain had caught up with me and I instantly spat it out. I ended up caramelizing the rest of it and eating it with hot dogs.

It made me think of chemical changes. Something changes permanently when you cook it. It becomes something different; something new. And in the case of onions, something a lot more palatable for me. Peace out.

No comments: