Sunday, December 19, 2010

Up in the Air

Up in the Air

Talk me off the ledge
bread. cheese.
wine.
something to drink
to pass the time
A cup in my hand
the feeling of glass
I stare at the clock
as time passes and past
things come to mind
I play with the memory
with too much care
the future's unknown
it's all up in the air


I haven't written in ages. I've forgotten how to write. Last night, I watched Up in the Air. That was the last movie that I've seen in theaters. I watched it last Christmas break and now I watched it this year around Christmas again. It's weird but I think I want to watch that movie every Christmas break. I want to make it a new tradition.

Traditions are weird. At some point, someone has to decide that it's a tradition and that's why we do it. If the tradition was something practical, it wouldn't really be a tradition, but just something practical you do. For instance, washing the dishes after dinner is not a tradition. Christmas time is the time of year that the most obvious, visual traditions can be observed. I've never really been someone that observed a lot of traditions. I guess I need to make some up as I go. Peace out.

No comments: