Monday, May 12, 2008

15 mm of rain

15 mm of rain

It's raining today
all day
the gray clouds hang over yellow grass
the roots drinking in the nourishing liquid
the same liquid that is sapping the strength from my body
I just want to crawl in bed and sleep all day
all day
It's raining today


Doh. When I was brushing my teeth and thinking about what I wanted to write today, I was totally thinking of writing something happy about a girl and walking down a hallway together and this came out instead. Oh well.

I just finished watching House and it got me thinking that my memories are messed up. I know that when people read these pieces (if anyone actually stumbles upon this site), they might think that some poems are about them. I wouldn't be so cocky when making claims to certain poems because the episode of House made me think that perhaps my memories aren't necessarily the way things went down. Maybe my memory of events aren't actually what happened. Maybe you're the girl that I've been writing about all this time. Or perhaps you're not. Maybe I don't even know the girl I'm writing about and I'm just making up memories and a history.

I dunno. Just been kinda gloomy lately. Maybe I'll write more about that some other day. Peace out.

No comments: