Saturday, September 7, 2013

Streams

I keep falling
colours and promises
into the same thought patterns
mountains and valleys
about the things I've lost
rivers and streams
things I used to boast about
milk and cookies
I weigh more today
pancakes and syrup
but I'm so much less

My mind has been juggling a lot lately.  At work, I'm juggling so many projects.  My underlings think they are juggling a lot and I tell them I'm juggling 3x what they are.  I stopped weighing myself everyday at the gym.  It got to a point where I was obsessed with the numbers and it didn't really matter all that much because they would fluctuate.  I thought going to body measurements would cure me of my obsession.  Today I discovered that my left thigh is bigger than my right thigh... even though my measurements 2 and 3 weeks ago indicated that my right thigh was bigger.

I'm rambling now.  What makes a person more or less?  I dunno.  Am I only worth as much as I value myself?  Or is my self worth the sum of the worth people have placed upon me?  Or is a person only as good as his word?  Do words have value?  And how expensive are apologies?  Peace out.

No comments: