Sunday, June 16, 2013

Secret Thought

I cracked open a book to write down a secret thought
but I was not alone enough
Found a quiet corner in the basement
but still I needed more privacy
I turned off the lights and sat in the dark
Mentally whispering it to myself
but I stopped mid-sentence
unsure if I wanted to know what I was going to say
I didn't have enough courage yesterday

I think it's interesting that our body/brain knows things that we don't.  Like when we have an infection, our body is busy fighting it off and we don't really know what's going on.  I wanted to investigate the idea of secrets that we keep from ourselves.  I have secrets that I'm too scared to write down in my journal because I think that makes things final or something.  Sometimes things are final way before we are ready to admit it to ourselves.  I share a lot of personal thoughts on this blog.  Hopefully I've encrypted them enough so that I won't regret my "openness" in the future.  Peace out.

No comments: