Sunday, May 15, 2011

Impressions

I shake myself 
trying to clear the spider webs from my mind
the webs that have trapped all these foreign ideas
that swim the ocean of thought
some sink to the bottom
never to be seen again
I wish I could choose the thoughts that rose to the top
I would choose to stop remembering you
and how I felt that August evening nine years ago
but I know that some memories fade with time
while others, their impressions only grow
until they over run the mind

This was not what I set out to write today.  It's funny how some things just write themselves and how easily we fall into old habits.  Will I ever stop writing about this girl?  I dunno.  Peace out.

P.S.  I think I'm gonna stop having the title appear twice.  I know it was tradition, but I want to at least change one thing today.

No comments: