Monday, April 13, 2009

Flicker

Flicker

The high pressure system
keeps the night air clear
The stars flicker in and out
as pockets of cloud and pollution obstruct our view
They flicker like me and you
bright one day and gone the next
as if we've run out of steam
or maybe you just won the bet
and walked away with prize in hand
Or maybe we are destined to be like Sine
fluctuating constantly in time
imagining lyrics for our song
and fumbling for words that rhyme.
We sit and patiently wait
dreaming that maybe we can intuit
wait for it...

I did my taxes today... and the whole family's. There's nothing in the world that I hate more than doing taxes. Maybe I should become an accountant. That would be so awesome. I felt like I needed to write today. Not because I had something dying to get out of me (although I do feel like there is a piece that I need to write but it's been elusive) but because I haven't written in so long and knew that my blog was getting lonely. Peace out.

1 comment:

L. said...

I like this a lot. Glad you are writing again:)