Sunday, January 14, 2007

School

School


School is cool
When you take the time to rhyme
Life seems to sit there and wait
For you to finally attain a defense date


Finally, I’ve written a nice weak poem. I haven’t written in here for a long time because I felt that I couldn’t write a half decent poem. It took me a few weeks to remember that writing “good” poems was not my goal in this blog. My goal was to use “weak” poems to introduce something I wanted to talk about. Maybe if I keep that in mind, I’ll be writing in here a bit more often.

Anyways, no, I don’t have a defense date yet. My poems are works of fiction. A few weeks ago, I was listening to my favourite science podcast called “This Week in Science” and they were discussing a study where the authors concluded that the more time someone spent in school, the longer they lived (in general). They showed that with every year someone spent in school, they lived 1.5 years longer than someone who did not have that year in school. So every year that I stay in school doing my grad studies, I’m actually adding half a year to my life. I was so relieved to hear that. It really picked me up. I really needed to feel that I wasn’t wasting my life away. I really feel that it was God telling me to cheer up.

No comments: