Monday, October 21, 2013

Light Goodbyes

One month into fall
I let her go
My summer flower
Showers have turned into light snows
And I know it's futile to fight it
I winterize and make myself air-tight
Yesterday was a rough night
Fevered dreams, burning
Yearning for resolution
The comfort of clarity
I clutch my pen too tightly
I walked away and said goodbye too lightly

I wrote this on the train this morning on my phone.  I know.  I'm wonderful.  It's amazing how many things can get done when I have something I actually need to do.  I wrote the NPPE today.  I had such a productive weekend and still managed to go over 900 pages of information (hardly any of it was on the exam by the way).

I'm thinking about taking part in Nanawrimo this year.  I've heard about it for so many years now.  I always dream of writing the great american novel.  My fear is that I'll end up writing about things I know... my life.  I fear that I'll be like Dawson rehashing his high school years with Joey in everything he makes.  I fear I'll be Jesse writing about that one night in Vienna that he shared with Celine.  I fear and fear.  Peace out.

No comments: